The Administrative Assistant (AA) will be responsible for handling many of the day-to-day operational tasks of Black Hills Community Theatre (BHCT). The AA will work with the Managing Artistic Director (MAD) and the Board of Directors (BOD) in facilitating the successful achievement of operations of BHCT. The AA must be enthusiastic and detail-oriented, dealing well with time constraints and deadlines, has excellent interpersonal skills, is highly organized, is able to manage offices in the absence of the MAD, and will supervise the efficient operation of the BHCT administrative offices.
Areas of responsibility and duties are listed below. Office hours are Monday-Friday, 8:00am – 5:00pm (with 1 hour lunch).
I. Clerical work
- Have general computer knowledge in Windows Office programs: Word, Publisher, Excel, Access, Outlook
- Maintain Databases and lists for different departments
- Process sales of Season Tickets Orders, Donations
- Create Gift Certificates
- Design, print and organize tickets/sales /programs for Cherry Street Productions
- Maintain show contracts, rentals, royalties
- Prepare and deliver bank deposits as needed
- Pick up and deliver BHCT mail, open and distribute to appropriate parties
- Supervise volume copying (Committees, programs, mailings, scripts, etc.)
- Monitor and replenish office supplies
- Act as registrar for BHCT programs, classes, camps, etc.
- Handle general correspondence (Thank You notes, letters, notices, etc.)
- Back up computer files and data on a daily basis
- Organize and maintain audition scripts and deposits
- Maintain current BOD and staff contact lists, Cherry Street Players, Well Done Players.
- Perform other clerical duties as assigned by the MAD.
- Create materials and maintain reservations for Annual Dinner Theatre Fundraiser
II. Receptionist Duties
- Answer phones, screen incoming calls, and direct inquiries to appropriate staff.
- Receive general email inquiries and answer, or direct to appropriate staff.
- Perform other receptionist duties as assigned by the MAD.
III. Advertising and Marketing
- Maintain and update the BHCT website under the direction of the MAD.
- Monitor free advertising calendar, and submit information for Community Bulletin Boards.
- Create Curtain Call newsletter under the direction of the MAD.
- Create signage as needed for patrons, shows, classes, special projects.
- Coordinate with marketing firm (Asio Studios) and send press releases to media for all BHCT events.
- Supervise production of playbill show inserts (gather bios and other information as needed.)
- Create and send email blasts through MailChimp and Facebook about all BHCT events.
- Prepare and supervise preparation of BHCT promotional mailings (run labels, copying, facilitate retrieving products from printers, organize bulk mailing with Post Office.)
- Maintain invitations to Preview Nights (school drama departments, sponsors, etc.)
- Perform other advertising and marketing duties as assigned by the MAD.